Well we made it! As many of you know, Kellen (and myself, being the crazy wife that I am) has been preparing for his big 8-hour PE (Professional Engineer) Exam since November...and he finally took it a few fridays ago. Engineering is so crazy to me-rather than taking your licensing exam after college like nursing (and any other logical professions!), you take your engineering exam after working for 4 years. Who crazy does that sound? Imagine if I had to my NCLEX over all of nursing, after working in the NICU for 4 years...there would be NO way I'd pass! BUT, that is the profession Kel chose, so here we are.
I can say after countless Friday nights alone while he was at class, briefly catching up with him each night over brushing our teeth after a busy day, doing all of the yardwork (I even had to call my dad once to ask about the weedeater), keeping up with all the housework and shopping- pretty much doing everything to help give him one less thing to worry about, I can say with a huge sigh of relief that we both made it. alive. it wasn't pretty (mostly me, that is), but we made it.
I want to take a quick second to brag...I am so proud of Kellen. Now I know I am not a person of the eloquent nature, but I am going to try to put into words what I witnessed during this process. Kellen was so dedicated and focused, never losing will or motivation, even after 4 months of constant focus and studying. Not only was he still doing on a lot of extra things at work, I had a lot going on in my life, too, and he handled me with such grace. Seeing him balance life so strongly made me fall in love with him all over again. He is my absolute rock; but yet in this experience he needed me as well. Although this time was very hard on me, I put myself aside to be his rock. As a young couple, I am proud of us.
I have no doubt in my mind that he couldn't have done any more than what he did.. and words cant express how proud I am of him.
Although we don't find out his results for 10 weeks (painful, I know!), to me that doesn't matter. He has already accomplished a goal that many of us wouldn't have been able to do; I know I couldn't.
To me, this exam was more than a test to give Kellen extra credentials after his name. It was a test of our strength as a family, both individually and as a unit. And with much sweat and tears, I think we passed with flying colors. And we are stronger than ever.
way to go, Kel! hope this makes it an even more relaxing summer. you Heavins are the BEST!
ReplyDelete