AND the summer of trips continues! We just got back from a rocket-run stay with one of Kellen's college roomates, Greg, in Cincinatti. It's amazing what 24hrs in a new city can do for you! We had a wonderful time. It was fun to hang out with Greg- it was like we were in college again, hanging out at their apartment, just the 3 of us. Only now we are grown up, hanging out in his back yard, talking about home improvements, our dogs, and job promotions. We got in Friday evening, went to dinner at an adorable Italian restaurant (where they filmed a scene from Rainman, how fun!) in Newport, KY and then went to the Hofbrauhaus, a German beer house. It was quite an experience! Saturday Greg took us around on a tour of the city, its burrows, and amazing river views. He just got a Jeep Wrangler and we rode around with the tops/sides off. FUN. I fell in love with this city. It very much reminded me of San Francisco, only without the 50mph winds. And it's only 2 hrs door to door- even better!

In the back of the jeep on our way to dinner

HOFBRAUHAUS
They only served 6 beers- all brewed there. You can kinda see it on the board in the back to the left. The only other house is in Germany.
Here is a quick video of what it looked like with the band playing. Everyone was singing along, it reminded me of the piano bar at the neon cactus (only with lederhosen)

I had to take a picture of this. I
am pretty sure that a full mug weighed 10 lbs.

Greg was thrilled I was taking his pic

Greg and Megan

Action shot! I believe we were doing a polka 'twist and shout'

more action shots

While I had a great time catching up with Greg, I also had my very first Ikea experience. WOW. That is all I have to say. Why did I not visit this mecca of happiness before now? I do not know. It is all I ever dreamed of and more in the land of housewares and Swedish delights. Greg took us there for entertainment- and I am pretty sure 4 hrs into it, he was regretting this decision and Kellen was questioning his friendship with him. These guys saw me drooling on myself over lamps and rugs for 4 1/2 hrs straight. I had a blast; Kellen had a stroke (j/k). It was fantastic! :)

VICTORY IS MINE!
I was literally skipping out of this store.
note that all i have in my hand is a lamp shade, two flower pots and a scrub brush....

......and the boys had the rest of the loot.

The boys figuring out how to get everything in. I love the look on Greg's face!

Cool views from Mt. Adams
Just around the river bend
I was still on my Ikea high

Roomies

Another view of the city. I loved how many of the houses had patios on the rooftop.
I need/desire/crave actually going to ikea. Not just dreaming about it from the magazine. Lucky girl
ReplyDeleteCinci is such a great city!! I am sure Ikea was amazing...I am jealous!!
ReplyDelete