No camping trip is complete without having a little drama. This past weekend, that held to be true when we went camping with some of my awesome NICU girls and their families (boys and dogs). Everyone left on schedule Friday (Becky and I even got our on time from work! When does that ever happen?!), but when Becky and Marcus stopped to get gas, her car wouldn't start back up. 2 hours and a ride from strangers to wal-mart later, they were installing a new battery in her car. Meanwhile, Liz/Michael/Becca got lost and their dog got sick in the back seat (with Becca in it). Kel and I had to stop at a funeral home to let captain out to go potty after whining for miles- rookie parent mistake. I felt so great about ourselves pulling out of the lot that I hid my head. All the while, Mark had got there at 2 and was sitting by himself in the campground. Who wouldn't be ready for a relaxing weekend after all of that?!

it was dark, but everyone was finally trickling in

Becca made a surprise for Liz's birthday!

Becca explaining to Liz why the icing is all smeared (Fey walked all over it in the back seat)

Birthday girl


Michael and Liz

Marcus and Becky

Mark and Becca

2nd folley with the trip: Mark and Becca's keys were accidentally locked in their car.
AAA saved the day!

Becca:
"This is my life right now"
champagne for mimosas!

Canoe time!

Roll OUT

everyone stretching out their sea legs

.....AND there off!





I was the only one with the camera so sorry they have me in all of them!

The group was lucky to have the privilege of witnessing Kellen serenading me down the river

Girls

Guys





Captain decided the Bennet's canoe was better than his own.

Jam up!

Petey kept jumping in and out of the canoe

quit taking pictures of me, mom

liz promised her momma she would wear her life jacket the whole time.
and she did.

we made it! only one wet canoe-er (ME)!
Yes, in case anyone was wondering, the Heavin canoe was yet again the only canoe to tip over. I think I was a better sport about this one that the last. My girls came to my rescue and before I knew it was stripped out of my wet clothes and into dry ones in no time.

well hello there

Fey Petey Captain
Pass OUT

Didn't we teach these dogs to share?

The next morning we walked around the area a little bit, it was so peaceful

It was our first time to Brookville Lake, definitely would like to return and spend more time exploring and hiking.

Ready for the drive home
Sorry for the drama, but it gives me great joy to see 2 of the best nurses in the world having fun together with the loves of their life.... and dogs! lol
ReplyDeleteADORABLE! And funny. I thought the title of Brookville was an odd joke for a minute. This trip looks like such fun. I love the picture of Captain driving home. He might be the cutest dog ever.
ReplyDelete