Today I had a rough mom day. Please tell me I am not the only one with these. Looking back at it, I realize how silly this was...but man at the time it was rough. It was one of the days where you knew from the moment you woke up, it was going to be one of those days. After sulking all morning, I decided to get out and visit the new super walmart (woot
woot, pathetic) and treat myself to a cherry syrup coke from steak-n-shake
(happy hour!). Paige and I looked like belonged in walmart, too. Stereotyping, I know. I hadn't had the time to
shower yet and Paigey was still in her dirty clothes from the morning oatmeal but
I didnt care (though I will admit I was embarrassed once we got there).
I waited in the drive-thru line for my silly coke for like ten minutes, all while
Paige was having a meltdown in the back seat. I had to get out twice to make sure a bee wasn't stinging her. Was it worth the half
price $1.27? I'm still not sure, but it was tastey. Then as soon as we got to walmart I had
to pee (thanks to the cherry coke) so I had to juggle her in my lap (wishing I had just lugged her in her heavy carseat)
while trying to undo my pants and go without her touching anything
around us. and wipe. and make sure the silly coke wouldnt fall off the
little toilet paper holder ledge. and wash my hands. THEN once I get her settled into the
cart and we are walking down to the baby isle (my life right now), she throws her paci to
the ground and starts fussing like a maniac (thanks, teething). In trying to console her, she knocks my
stupid coke out of my hand, the cup falls to the ground, the cup rips
and it splatters everywhere (can i get a 'clean up in isle 10'?) So now
my damn cherry coke is all over the place, including my feet. I looked around
defeated, saw no one (thanks be to GOD), and left it for dead. Got Paige
out of the cart and up and left. Epic Fail. :/

Yikes! Those are the days where you ask yourself if it's okay to have a beer during the next nap.
ReplyDeleteHaha I'm so sorry to be laughing at your expense, Erin, but I have had the SAME things happen! Like the other day when Lucy decided to start the day WAY too early, so after sulking fro awhile I decided to try to make the most of it and go for a walk and pick myself up a latte on the way home from the Wal-Mart-ish store (only louder and MORE gross if you can imagine). So I walk around the park, all proud of myself for getting out and getting exercise. Go to the store, wait another 10 minutes...only to find out that they didn't do coffee drinks. Fail. And all by 10:15am! I understand your pain, mama!
ReplyDeleteOh friend - those days suck. I have days were if I hear one other person saw MOOOOMMMMM I think I will jump out the window. Then I work a day and miss them like crazy. Work is a good reset and refocus button. Your still a wonderful mother. And Walmart is gross, I shop there every week for the cheap factor but it makes Target feel like a grand get away.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to hear that I am not the only one who has those days with my little guy. It really does help to know that someone else goes through the same things that you do.
ReplyDelete