It's that time again- for Gretchen and my's annual baking day! I look forward to this every year. We both agree that we have gotten way more efficient since our first year (and I didn't kill any pans this time!). The keys: baking the sugar cookies in advance, and making some of the doughs the night before. Also, foil and wax paper are life savers. We made rolled sugar cookies, peanut butter surprise cookies, mint chocolate chip cookies, buckeyes, chocolate fudge, peanut butter chocolate fudge, white chocolate mix, and peppermint bark. wew! Here were some of the sights:

we estimated that we used 4 lbs of white chocolate and 5+ lbs of milk chocolate!

double batch of white chocolate mix

we busted out another table for things to cool on this year!


buckeyes

we used peppermint m&m's instead of going through the mess of crushing up peppermints

peanut butter surprise cookies

candy canes, snowmen with scarves, stars, wreathes with bows and berries, christmas trees with stars on top, and peace signs!



annual picture

what baking day would be complete without someone burning themselves? last year it was me, and this year it was poor gretchen :(

Jason was Santa's little helper
This is a total side note, but you know me and glitter- I went all out during the fall and right now I can't find any motivation. I did do these monograms that look really pretty in the middle of a wreath. You can see ours from the road!

No comments:
Post a Comment