This last weekend Kellen and I went downtown for a little romantic holiday get-away. Seeing as I have NO decorations up (just not feeling it this year), I thought it might help put me more into the holiday spirit. It was perfect. Did it motivate me to bring down my boxes? Nope, not yet, but now I am more open-minded to getting them out at least. We do have our tree up!
We shopped all day (during the festive snow storm! I enjoyed it because I didn't have to drive in it), checked into our hotel downtown, got dressed up for happy hour (gotta love embassy suites), an amazing dinner at Morton's, and a walk around the Circle of Lights. I just love our downtown during the holidays!

Ready for happy hour

All bundled up to walk to Morton's.

After dinner at the Circle.
Even though we were way full, we still had to get hot chocolate from
South Bend Chocolate Company ;)




The next day, we slept in, had breakfast, and walked around the circle again during the daytime. AND we just might have gotten another hot chocolate ;)

They sure know how to treat you special here!


We found the cherub for good luck!




What a pleasant treat! My 2-year old God-daughter and infant I took care of at work, Evangeline, came to visit me! She is the most darling little thing. I just love her family too- I am so lucky to let them share her life with me. Isn't she a hambone?!
No comments:
Post a Comment