Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nursery Bedding

OHH the joys of baby planning! My dear friend (and super-woman) Gretchen is going to be making our nursery bedding for us. What an amazing gift! Kellen and I found our fabrics pretty easily, believe it or not. We knew we were going gender neutral but wanted to shy away from the traditional yellow, green, or pastels. So below are the colors/fabrics we are going with!

The wall color will be a tiffany blue and the bedding will be a sweet potato orange, steel gray, and white. I am leaving for Destin with my parents this week, and Kellen is supposed to be painting the room and moving the bed out while I'm gone! How exciting!

The plan is to have the curtains and crib skirt in the polka dot, accent pillows in the zebra (sparingly), and for the bumper have solid white on the inside, steel gray on the outside, with the polka dot as cording trim and ties. Still working on the embellishments ;) Kellen's sister, Mallory, studied abroad in Africa last summer and has some amazing photos of the Serengeti and such and we hope to enlarge a few in B&W and put in fun frames or tac looms.

We are also planning on re-doing and using the furniture that is currently in the nursery room. It was my baby and childhood furniture and loved the idea of fixing it up. I'm sure that will be a whole separate blog post. My biggest stress with this is finding nursery-safe paint. There are some organics out there but not much research has been done, that I can find anyway. Any suggestions? I also found these fun knobs to add to the dresser drawers.




I've really surprised myself with how I am approaching the nursery. I thought I would want all brand new, matching stuff....but it has become a fun game to mis-match everything with a low price tag! Plus, having the emotional attachment of my baby furniture, bedding made by a close friend, and photos taken by Kel's sister- it makes the room that much more special and a perfect place to welcome the newest member of our family.



OH and our crib and mattress were delivered! Looks like Captain has already staked his claim under the baby's bed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment