Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anyone out there have emotional days? Today is one of them for me. I am sure it is just the hormones, but it feels so real. This morning I went out to my garden, of which I just painfully worked my tail off weeding last week, and it looked like I never even touched it. I bawled my eyes out. Seriously? I am aware of how pathetic that is. I keep walking into our 'under construction' mess of a nursery and that's when the real emotion swells and swells. MAN what a journey this has been. Will I be able to carry this child to term? Will I be a good mother? How the heck are we going to do this? Will I be what this baby needs me to be? Will I be able to continue to be the wife that Kellen needs me to be? Same as a daughter (in-law), sister (in-law), friend, nurse? I am so excited and scared to death right now. AND the tears keep coming. Haha it probably doesn't help that I'm watching Oprah's last show full of self-reflection and empowerment. Am I crazy?

2 comments:

  1. You have strength that constantly inspires me. I believe you can do it. All of it.
    And screw the weeds. They will still be there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very REAL feelings momma. You are going to make an AMAZING mother. Without a doubt....and you are already an amazing wife so I don't see that changing. You and Kellen are about to experience one of the most life changing events that is with you forever...I'm not going to lie, there are days it's really hard to be a parent, but those days come and go and you learn from them. The days you remember are the fun days that create memories and strength. You are such a strong, loving person Erin. Giving all of that to a baby is only going to create a wonderful person. Your feelings right now are so real and normal. I am feeling much of the same things with having a second baby. I am actually more scared this time around then I was the first time, but with God's strength we will both make amazing parents. Can't wait to meet your little love soon :)

    ReplyDelete