In the upper right corner you can see the asparagus from last year going crazy! It was still a bit small to harvest this year, but next year it should be good.
And of course we have to have our cucumbers! Attempting to trellis them this year so they don't take over our yard.
I'm glad I got this started when I did because this week I have been out for the count with a horrible respiratory infection. Not the way I wanted to ring in the 24wk mark! It just started out as what seemed to be a small head cold or sinus infection, but within 24 hrs I was pretty sick and miserable. I'm not sure how long I was in bed! I had coughing (which made me have a horrible gag reflex and emesis), sore throat, pounding head, popping ears, and burning in my chest (if felt like an elephant was sitting on it!) After about 2 days, I could barely eat or drinking anything. I weighed myself and I was down 6 lbs in 2 days :( SO into the doctor I went to make sure that the baby was doing okay. Thankfully, all was okay. HR was strong at 150. My OB said that when you get sick while you are pregnant it is 10X magnified because of the hormones and my body does everything to keep the baby okay at my own expense....wonderful! They said it was a bad case of bronchitis and dehydration....So to antibiotics and weight checks I go! They almost did IV fluids but decided to hold off to see if I could gain weight on my own, and today I was up 1/2 a lb so that's good. Talk about cutting it close- we are leaving for Disney on Sunday. At least it happened this time this week and not next!
1. garden = fun
ReplyDelete2. 24 weeks!!!!! Wonderful
3. sick - pregnant and sick always felt like such an insult.
3. Disney World - BIG FAT FUN!!!
I hope you feel better soon. Im so sorry you are sick but congrats on 24 weeks!!!!! Oh and Disney! That's so fun! Get well girl and eat some good food...you need it :)
ReplyDelete