Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello strangers! Sorry it has been a while since my last post. Kellen and I have been pretty boring, really. Nothing big to report, except that we have spring fever pretty badly. And with spring fever, comes antsy-ness. Many of my friends have been gifted with what I have dubbed as 'life skills' - they can cook, scrapbook, craft, sew (pretty amazing things I might add), keep a busy household of children organized, knit, blog like professionals etc..... they are amazing. I was talking with Kellen, and I was trying to figure out what my 'life skill' is....and crickets chirped. Fantastic. I mean you are talking to the girl that super glued a button on one of Kellen's dress shirts one time in a pinch (cringe, it's okay).

While I was hunting down those annoying crickets, I realized that there is one thing I can and enjoy doing. CLEANING. Not as glamorous as everyone else, but practical I guess. So, I made one of my famous to-do lists, turned on the Radio Margaritaville on my Sirius XM, opened some windows and got into my one 'life skill.'



Just seeing this makes me get excited


To-Do List. So far, I have:
  • vacuumed and cleaned all baseboards
  • vacuumed the blinds and window treatments
  • dusted the ceiling fans, light fixtures and ceiling corners, etc.
  • emptied out the kitchen cabinets, purged and cleaned the shelves
  • cleaned out from under our bed, moved mattress and swept
  • cleaned out the fridge and washed the shelves
  • spot treated the carpet
  • hand washed the hardwood floors
  • cleaned out the flower beds and planted pansies. our bulbs are popping out too!
  • Kellen got a new tool chest, so his recent project has been cleaning out the garage and organizing it. now i'm not embarrassed to have people see it!

We still want to:
  • recaulk baseboards where needed
  • clean out all the windows and window sills
Our house is almost ready for spring!


These have been my two best friends this week

2 comments:

  1. I see GARDEN on that list too! Any square foot gardening in your future? Or any gardening at all. Since I am sure my goats will wipe mine out I want you to grow one so I can mooch off you. Cilantro please. Plus - could Captain be any cuter? I just want to kiss that face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin serioulsy! if cleaning were somewhere on my competency list, not even life skill list, jason would be a lucky lucky man. your house is always so beautiful and warm. that's a lifeskill for sure. plus your husband can jump a DEAD pontiac like nobody's business. you two are the best :)

    ReplyDelete