Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Impulse Project

So a few Saturdays ago, I was sitting on my coach eating my cereal...staring at something, that admit-tingly only I noticed (but still), the bane of my existence (one of, anyway) in this house...the fireplace tile. It was pink. That was all to be said. One could maybe say salmon, but nevertheless, it was hideous. So, I decided to paint it. I went to Lowe's on my own (props to all of us do-it-yourself'ers out there), pinked out my paint, and had at it. Overall, it took me about 3 weeks after priming, curing, and touch ups. I must say I am pretty happy with how it turned out!



Before...ICK ICK ICK ICK


During....

After.... Ta-Da!
I picked a textured paint that has granite grits mixed in. It looks even better in person! Please stop by to check it out ;)

3 comments:

  1. good job. looks professional!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks great. Maybe a pet duck would finish dressing it up? I'll bring one right over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know you could paint tile, but it makes sense! And it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete