Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beach Babies

Well, I survived my first pregnant vacation! I went with my parents on the usual trip down to Destin, Florida. Kel stayed back so he can save up PTO for when the baby comes and our Disney trip in 2 weeks (2 vacays in 1 month? I'm living it up while I still can!)

Let's just say it wasn't my most glamorous beach vacation I've ever had, but it was certainly nice to get away and have some one-on-one time with my parents. As I told them when I left, I am kinda a package deal now so that was the last trip for just the 3 of us for a while!

View from our balcony, never gets old!


The view from the inside of the condo is just as amazing, love the corner wrap around floor to ceiling windows

I finally got to lay flat on my belly! Not sure if you can see it, but in the center of the towel I scooped out a hole in the sand for my belly to lay. It was awesome!


They say that your skin tans (BURNS) differently when you are pregnant and boy, they aren't kidding. I usually don't burn but this was after 1 hr in the sun WITH sunscreen-- we later figured out it was sun poisoning :/


Beach babies...missing Kellen though!


My dad cracks me up. I found him doing this one afternoon and he was trying to see his iTouch in the sun and it was too bright...
this baby better have a sense of humor!



The last night we went to a usual food staple in Destin and they have over a million (yes, a million) dollar bills signed from patrons and hanging from the walls and ceiling. When you first walk in, it looks like mold or something. Not sure if you can see in the pic, but it goes on forever. Just think of what could have been done with all that money!

It was great to get away and enjoy some sunny weather, though it be under an umbrella! It was fun to talk with my parents about our future as a family and our hopes and plans. It was also nice to get home to my own little family ;) Flying was an experience and I definitely found comfort in that I was never alone... that baby Heavin and I were taking care of each other!

Hope everyone had a great Easter! xoxo

1 comment: