This past week I have had a little bit of extra time since I am still only doing 8 hour shifts (I think I will return full time next week!).. so I have been trying some new recipes! I went to the farmer's market and picked up fresh produce and wanted to share the yumminess with you!
After Market... the beets were SO good
Roasted Veggies and Chicken Orzo
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
asparagus tips
2 lemons
yellow squash
S & P
2 cloves garlic
3 tsp oregano
8oz feta cheese
olive oil
fresh basil leaves
red pepper
toasted pine nuts
onion
1/2 lb orzo pasta
zuchini
Optional: sour cream, cucumber, dill for cucumber sauce
1. Marinate Chicken in olive oil, juice of 2 lemons, S & P, oregano. Cook on Grill.
2. Preheat oven to 375*. Cut up red pepper, onion, asparagus tips, and squashes. Stir veggies in 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 lg cloves of crushed garlic, S & P. Spread on pan and bake 30minutes, stirring often to desired doneness.
3. Tosss veggies, feta, 15 basil leaves, toasted pine nuts and orzo (prepared per package directions).
3. Tosss veggies, feta, 15 basil leaves, toasted pine nuts and orzo (prepared per package directions).
4. Serve with warmed pita bread and cucumber sauce (sour cream, minced cucumber, 1 tsp dill, S & P) Serves 4-6
This was another night... again I roasted some more veggies and tossed it with olive oil and the fresh lemon pepper pasta I got at Market.
Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy Autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment