Friday, September 11, 2009

Summer Fun

As the days slowly get shorter and summer starts to wind down, I am reflecting on what an eventful summer Kellen and I have had together. It sure was full of ups and downs with the passing of my cousin, Jessica. She will forever be in our hearts. This experience has reminded me we never know when our time will come, and we need to cherish life. Here are few of the highlights of our summer life:




Destin with my parents. We ran the mini a week later!


We got a puppy! The newest member of the Heavin Family-
Captain


We took Captain camping. He had so much fun. He is such a good boy!


One of my special NICU babies, Evangeline, was dedicated and I became her God Mother! It was such an honor and I am so excited to see her grow and continue to be a part of her life.


We hosted a 4th of July cookout at our house


My Purdue Nurses! I am so lucky to have such a great friends!


Amazing NICU girls

Happy 4th of July!


We took a long vacation to California. We started out in LA,

then drove North on the 101 along the coast. Here are a few of the highlights:
Big Sur Redwood Forrest

Napa Valley

We ended our trip in San Francisco

We had a trip of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment