I found this recipe in a magazine and thought they would be a perfect little treat for a girl's day out! They turned out great and thought I'd share the recipe.
MACAROONS
2 (14oz) bags sweetened flaked coconut
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp. sour cream
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
12oz bittersweet chocolate for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 325*. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined. Press dough into a soup spoon or small ice cream scoop and release onto baking sheet.
3. Bake for 20min or until lightly browned. Let cool thoroughly.
4. Carefully melt chocolate (double boiler preferred to prevent scorching). Dip one side of each macaroon in melted chocolate and place on tray lined with wax paper. Chill 20 minutes prior to serving.
The house smelled so yummy while these were baking!
I really liked the contrast of the bitter chocolate with the super sweet coconut.
YUM!
Yes please!
ReplyDelete