Monday, June 20, 2011
An exciting reason to make cookies!
Gretchen let me know the theme about a month in advance. She basically told me to do whatever I wanted as decor as long as it included zebra print, Tiffany blue, and white flowers. She also told me that she was going for more of a "classy" look than "cute". I typically go the cute route, so it was fun to try and make cookies that were a bit more sophisticated.
Since Gretchen gave me plenty of notice I was able to practice the cookies ahead of time. I wanted them to be perfect for the actual party. J.J. got to take the cookies to work and share them with his co-workers. I thought they were going to ask him if we were expecting! Haha!! I think he just warned everyone that they were practice cookies for a party before they took one. ;-)
The white flowers were my favorite by far!
Picture #2.
Mini Cookies- This picture (as well as the rest) have bad coloring since I took them at night! :-)
Bagging the cookies...
About 1/2 of the cookies ready to go...
All in all, Gretchen said everyone loved the cookies... not only how they looked but also how they tasted. Who cares what they looks like if they taste bad, right? I'm so happy everything turned out well! :-)
Aww! I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful shower! Gretchen is so creative and a wonderful cook. You certainly deserved a beautiful shower and I'm glad I could contribute a little piece to it! :-)
ReplyDeleteThose cookies were beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteTHEY WERE WONDERFUL!
ReplyDelete