Does anyone else have spring fever?! I DO!!
With the itch to get outside and spruce up the yard comes some DIY opportunities around the house.
Take this chair, for example. I got it for free (seriously) at a friend's garage sale 2 summers ago.
I liked it because it was simple, had character, and was the perfect size for our front porch entry.
The distressed look worked for me until this year. I wanted an update and decided to do some clean color blocks with paint we already owned. Free and on trend. Could it get better?!
First I spray painted the entire chair (but the seat) in black, then taped off the color blocks to paint.
I chose not to touch the wicker seat, though it was fraying in some places, because I liked the texture and earthiness of it.
I went with the sunny yellow from our kitchen and the deep teal color of our front door to tie our entry together.
End result!
Inviting little entry, isn't it?!
Everyone welcome :)
Pretty!!
ReplyDelete