Saturday, March 10, 2012

I am in no way bragging, but I would like to think that we have done a pretty good job at keeping our life/house in order since Paigey dropped in. Don't get me wrong, it has been a transition, but not as hard as we were anticipating as far as keeping up with chores, correspondences, exercise, errands, routines, dates, etc etc....

BUT there is one thing that we have slacked on and I see its reminder every time I gaze into our lovely little back yard...

See it? Bottom right corner...

No, that is not a gangly bush. Yes, friends, that would be our Christmas Tree.
Kel put it out there when were taking everything down and we totally spaced taking it to the tree recycling people we normally do in Broad Ripple. We called, and surprise surprise, they aren't accepting anymore.

 I know think that there is a squirrel living in it because I have seen a rather fat one scurrying in our yard recently and Captain can't seem to get his nose out of it when he is out.
I am re-playing the scene from Christmas Vacation in my head....
With my bad luck with spiders (see this post), I think a squirrel would add a whole new dimension.

We need to get this OUT asap!


On a more livelier note, I found some new recipes that I am psyched about. They are for a seasoned iron skillet (a dear family friend gave me her 40-year old one when we got married and at the time I kinda thought it was odd, but now I treasure it). You prep/braise on the stove, then just slide the entire thing into the oven to finish cooked. De-lish, easy one pot meal that doesn't even need soap to clean up.

 

Of course this one we had the other night is from the Today Show, but there are more out there.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!! the tree is cracking me up!!! What's your garden plan this year???

    ReplyDelete