Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taste of Chicago Heaven

Last Friday night Kellen and I had one of our home-date nights where we enjoyed staying in and cooking together. We made authentic Chicago-style deep dish pizza, something we watched on America's Test Kitchen (shout out to my fellow non-cable owners). It took some patience but totally worth the labor and made for nice company. 

 Homemade dough...mmmm

 rise baby rise


Here was the secret to getting the buttery flaky crust:

 spread the butter in one layer...
 
Then roll
then fold and let rise a 2nd time. Genius!


{Next step is admire your audience who is losing her socks}

Homeade sauce also made the flavor rich. 

Roll out the dough a final time, then tranfer it to your pan by using your rolling pin to prevent breaking.

Another key: freshly grated mozzarella. The real stuff.


Fresh out of the oven



 Check out those buttery layers.
I don't want to know how many WW points was in this...looks like I have an extra pumping session in my future!

1 comment: