I know it is silly, but Kellen and I like to celebrate an 'anniversary' of something every chance we get. If anything, it's a good excuse to open up a good bottle of wine and reminisce :) Saturday marked out 5 year engagement anniversary....which seems SO crazy to us (it's been 5 years already?!). We had a little date day in its honor! On the day we got engaged, Kellen took me to an orchard then to Oliver winery, so this year we decided to do the same only at different places.It was nice to finally have a weekend with no where to go or anything planned.

I love this picture of us. This was right after I said 'YES!!!' at Oliver
~What a happy memory~

Saturday morning we went to the last (tear) farmer's market in Carmel. I think fall market fare is my fave!
Then we went to Anderson Orchard. A co-worker introduced me to it last year and we enjoyed it so much we went back.




....some things never change-- we are posed the exact same way as the above engagement picture! haha

Kel in the tree getting the best apples


After the orchard to tried out a new winery- Mallow Run in Bargersville (Greenwood)
It wasn't Oliver (it will always have a special place in my heart), but this was very nice. The tasting room was in a old barn that was built in the 1800's and the winery and property have been passed down 8 generations in the family. They had live music inside which was a pleasant surprise. It was so relaxing!


It's not Napa, but Indiana vineyards are still charming
Then we went to Bonefish for dinner (I heart Bang Bang shrimp), and went home for a cozy night by the fire. I baked these apple tarts with apple butter with our fresh picked apples! The house still smells scrumptious!
Before we know it, we will be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary!
Aww, how stinkin sweet! Glad you had a great weekend!
ReplyDelete