Here are some of the sights and smells that have been running through the Heavin household lately.....
I made some sugar cookies for this weekend and they took me all day! I was inspired by one of Gretchen's friends who hand cuts all of her cookies and does the coolest designs. While I didn't hand cut mine, they did take some major planning. I enjoyed it...I spent the day blaring Michael Buble and baking. Great therapy.
I made some sugar cookies for this weekend and they took me all day! I was inspired by one of Gretchen's friends who hand cuts all of her cookies and does the coolest designs. While I didn't hand cut mine, they did take some major planning. I enjoyed it...I spent the day blaring Michael Buble and baking. Great therapy.
Tell me what's wrong with this picture- yes, my petunia's are THRIVING! They were puny all summer and now that it's nearing November, they are happy. Oh well, I'm getting as much use out of them as I can.
This was an old Christmas wreath I found on super clearance....I added a black fury spider and viola- Happy Halloween
The grower at the Farmer's Market recommended using vanilla instead of cinnamon with the butternut squash. It gave it a totally different spin on the flavor.
Okay, so everyone always curls up their nose when I even say it...
PERSIMMON PUDDING!
This is something I grew up eating with my grandparents as they had a persimmon tree. It brings back fond memories of shaking the tree for the fruit to fall, then obtaining the pulp. It is an art that I feel has been lost. During the cooler months I always like to make up a batch and share it with my dad (he's the only other person on the earth that I know what loves it as much as me- that's fine, more for us ;) )
One of my favorite things is how it bakes into this beautiful plum color and smells better than any candle!
Happy Fall everyone!
Your cookies look awesome I'm jealous!!!!
ReplyDelete