I've been wanting to do this since last fall, and a friend's recent blog reminded me of them again, so I finally devoted the time to make them: glitter pumpkins. You know me, the more bling and glitz the better! They turned out super cute and weren't too expensive- the key was that I found the pumpkins half off at Micheal's.

I started out with plain boring styrofoam pumpkins.

Supplies:
glitter glue
multiple colors of fine glitter
paintbrush
(I actually didnt end up using it b/c the glue had one attached to the cap that worked well for detailing)newspaper
jewels (optional)

I used all Martha Stewart supplies because the I thought the colors were the best

Step One: paint on the glue in a thin, even layer

Step two: quickly sprinkle the glitter evenly before the glue sets

I worked in sections for better handling. As I got a better feel for it, I could make the sections bigger so it went faster.

Step three: continue to glitter all the way around...
and viola!

I recommend laying down newspaper for easy clean up. I did the varying colors over designated pages, then as the glitter was collecting, I gently folded the paper on its crease and poured it back into the jar. I saved a ton of glitter this way.

I waited until the body was dry before I painted the tops and stems so I could handle the pumpkin easier.

Once it was all the way dry, I added these jewels. I love love love how it turned out.
They work well both inside and out- the sunshine makes them glow, but the lights and candles from inside really make them look elegant!

The next round I think I am going to make them more artsy- alternate color blocks, etc. I tried to keep it pretty classic my first time around



Such a pretty centerpiece!
Those are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteErin - these are really stunning!@!!!!! Love it. Lily would freak for this
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job with these Erin! They look beautiful in your home!
ReplyDeleteI love these Erin. what a wonderful idea, I would love to try it. I love how you decorate.
ReplyDelete